Who we are
Event Security Southern Limited is the South Coast's largest supplier of security services. We are Dorchester and Weymouth's only approved contractor for the provision of door supervision and security guarding as awarded by the Security Industry Authority (SIA).
We provide security services to Weymouth, Dorchester, Poole, Bournemouth, Southampton, Plymouth, Portsmouth and all across Dorset and the South Coast. We also supply specialist security services including; personal protection, K9 units, remote CCTV systems, Traffic Management and key holding services.
The information we collect
Collection of personal information
We will use your personal and non-personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected or agreed with you, for example:
- • To carry out our obligations arising from any agreement entered into between you and us;
- • To notify you about changes to our service;
- • For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, or other malpractice;
- • To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis;
- • For audit and record keeping purposes;
- • In connection with legal proceedings;
- • We will also use your personal information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or industry codes to which we subscribe or which apply to us, or when it is otherwise allowed by law;
- • Collect information about the device you are using to view the Event Security Southern website, such as your IP address or the type of internet browser or operating system you are using;
- • To respond to your queries or comments.
Depending upon the nature of our relationship with you, we may collect different information and these differences are outlined below.
We collect and process your personal information mainly to provide you with access to our services and products, to help us improve our offerings to you and for certain other purposes explained below. We do not knowingly set out to collect personal data, it is only provided to us by you by contacting us, by phone or by email. Once collected, this data is only used to deliver the service and to respond to you, answer any questions you have. We do not collect sensitive data – financial, health or information about children. This does however include name, phone number, email etc. We collect and process the following information relating to our customers:
- • Information collected includes information provided at the time of making bookings for our services or for any other reason if you need to make a complaint or report a problem with our site or our app. Examples of information we collect from you are names, email address and telephone number and this is done at the point of creating an account with Event Security Southern;
- • If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. If you contact us by telephone, your telephone call may be recorded;
- • We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- • To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised customer for security and compliance purposes;
- • Additionally, we may collect non-personal information such as geographical location. This is collected as part of the services we provide and are not held for any other purpose. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service.
Employees and Contractors
We will collect information relevant to our legal obligations as an employer or as a contracted party and may include your name, phone number and email, in addition to address, bank account details, licencing information and information relating to criminal convictions and other information as part of our screening and vetting processes. This sensitive data
We will collect information relevant to our status as a customer of yours and may include your name, phone number and email, in addition to address, bank account details, licencing information and information relating to the services and products you provide us.
Due to our operational and insurance requirements, we may on occasion record personal information about individuals that do not fit into one of the categories above. We will exercise the appropriate level of caution in these instances and will look to limit any information to name, contact details and information pertaining to the reason for recording this information. Additionally, we may through the course of our security activities be made aware of sensitive information such as criminal activities or health information. This will, wherever possible remain undocumented and treated with the utmost confidentiality by Event Security Southern personnel.
Why we need it
We need to know your basic personal data in order to reply to you, plan for and provide you with our services. We will not collect any personal data from you which we do not need to provide and oversee this service to you. The lawful basis for processing data identified by Event Security Southern includes:
- • Legal obligations (for example, as an employer or as part of obligations with regards to HMRC);
- • Performance of a contract (especially with regards to our customers and our suppliers);
- • Legitimate interest (such as when we ask for your feedback or advice on how to continually improve);
- • Consent (only used when sensitive information is required to be processed by us).
What we do with it
The limited personal data we process is only processed by us in the UK. Our hosting is in the UK. Third parties may on occasion have access to your personal data only when they are under contract and following the signature of a non-disclosure agreement and only in line with the services these third parties are contracted to do so in order for Event Security Southern to function as a business. These include:
- • Accountants, auditors, consultants and specialist service providers for the purposes of ensuring Event Security Southern operate legally and safely;
- • Event Security Southern personnel so as they can assist with the delivery of the service requested or to respond to any contact from customers;
- • We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (only where this relates to the services purchased from Event Security Southern and on an exceptional basis);
- • The Security Industry Authority (in relation to our employee data and as part of legal obligations);
- • Police and other regulatory authorities (upon receipt of a proper and justified request).
How long we keep it
All financial records are retained for six years. For employees and personnel, your personal data will be retained for no more than six years following the end of the contractual terms agreed with Event Security Southern, unless you exercise your rights highlighted below. Of course, if there is no contract of employment, provision of services to or by Event Security Southern, then we will look to retain records for no longer than is necessary. If a record relates to operational requirements or documentation, then any personal data will be retained for no more than three years. The same retention period also applies to any supplier personal data.
What we would also like to do with it
We do not collect personal data for marketing purposes. We publish articles from time to time and simply post these on our website and/or on social media sites to assist and generate interest in our business. We will not record any personal data that may be used by cookies in order for this website to interact with you.
What are your Data Subject Access Rights?
You have the right for the following:
- • Right to access – you have the right to request a copy of all data we hold about you;
- • Right to rectification – where any data we hold is incorrect you have the right to ensure it is correct;
- • Right to be forgotten – if you no longer wish for us to hold your data, we will delete it;
- • Right to portability – you can ask us to provide your data to a third party in machine readable format;
- • Right to restrict processing – since we only use this to contact you, there is no processing to restrict, we would simply delete the information wherever possible and in keeping with our own obligations.
If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect, you may request to see this information and even have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Lead who will investigate the matter.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Our Data Protection Lead can be contacted at email@example.com, 0044 (0) 1305 777 858 or in writing at Event Security Southern Limited, Unit 2, 446 Commercial Road, Aviation Business Park, Christchurch, Dorset, BH23 6NW.
Cookies are small files saved to the user's computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user's interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
Other cookies may be stored to your computers hard drive by external vendors when this website uses referral programs, sponsored links or adverts. Such cookies are used for conversion and referral tracking and typically expire after 30 days, though some may take longer. No personal information is stored, saved or collected.